The Saddleback Design Team Travels to Nashville in Search of Tile
The Saddleback design team went to Nashville last month to tour Crossville Inc., a U.S.-owned and operated manufacturer of award-winning tile collections for residential and contract applications. An industry innovator, Crossville is the first U.S. tile manufacturer to accomplish the following:
– produce large format tile on site
– manufacture tile with certified recycled content
– develop the Tile Take-Back® Program for recycling fired porcelain tile
– attain certification of its waste recycling programs
– achieve TCNA’s Green Squared certification for all of its U.S.-produced tile lines
– distribute a complete line of porcelain tile panels
Crossville's Take-Back Program
Their Tile Take-Back program is the only one of its kind that accepts previously installed fired porcelain, cut scraps and loose samples for recycling into brand new tile. Saddleback is proud to offer their product, plus they are an amazing family-owned company, whose values align with those of Saddleback.
Our Saddleback designers were impressed with the production of tile from start to finish at Crossville Inc. From introducing the nation’s first large-format porcelain tiles, to becoming the first and only net consumer of tile waste materials (meaning they recycle even more than they produce), to developing cutting-edge performance innovations that turn mere surfaces into “breathing” living environments—Crossville is committed to pioneering products and practices that change the way the world views tile.